Paracetamol –Barakat COLD& FLU Provides temporary relief of nagging cough and discomfort associated with cold and flu: relieves blocked noses, dries runny noses, provides temporary relief of cough and headache, relieves body aches and pains, and reduces fever.
Pseudoephedrine is contraindicated for use in patients:
• with hypersensitivity or idiosyncratic reaction to pseudoephedrine (or any of the other ingredients in the product);
• with severe hypertension or coronary artery disease;
• taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or who have taken MAOIs within the previous 14 days.
Paracetamol and dextromethorphan are contraindicated for use in patients with known hypersensitivity or idiosyncratic reaction to paracetamol and dextromethorphan (or any of the other ingredients in the product).
Adverse effects of Pseudoephedrine include:
• cardiovascular stimulation, elevated blood pressure, tachycardia or arrhythmias.
• central nervous system (CNS) stimulation, restlessness, insomnia, anxiety, tremors and (rarely) hallucinations.
• skin rashes and urinary retention.
Children and the elderly are more likely to experience adverse effects than other age groups.
Side effects of paracetamol are rare and usually mild, although haematological reactions have been reported. Skin rashes and hypersensitivity reactions occur occasionally. Overdosage with paracetamol if left untreated can result in severe, sometimes fatal liver damage and rarely, acute renal tubular necrosis.
Side effects that may occur with high doses (overdosage) of Dextromethorphan include excitation, confusion, psychosis, nervousness, irritability, restlessness, “serotonin syndrome”, severe nausea and vomiting, and respiratory depression.
Dosage and Administration:
Do not take more than the recommended dose.
Adults and children 12 years and over: take 1 to 2 tablets, 3 to 4 times a day, when necessary. Maximum 8 tablets in 24 hours.
Paracetamol –Barakat COLD & FLU should not be taken for more than a few days at a time except on medical advice.
Carton box of 20 or 500 Tablets.