Alfosin is used in the symptomatic treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia.
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
- Patients with aortic or mitral valve stenosis or pulmonary embolism.
- Patients taking beta-blocker.
Dizziness, headache, nausea, constipation, palpitation, incontinence and skin rashes.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
- Tablets should be swallowed without chewing.
- Doses should be reduced in patients with hepatic or renal impairment.
- Dosage: one tablet 2.5 mg three times daily increased to 10 mg if necessary (one tablet 5 mg in the morning and evening).
- Patients over 65 years old or in treated hypertensive patients, the initial dose should be one tablet of 2.5 mg twice daily and increased to a maximum of one tablet of 5 mg twice daily.
- Boxes of 20 film coated tablets.