Barkalaxine is useful in all kinds of constipation:
- Chronic constipation in aged patients.
- Patients with Iconstipation resulting, From prolonged bed-lying.
- Pre and post surgical operation.
- Preparation for barium enema.
- Preparation of colon and procto-sigmoid scopy.
Stimulant laxatives, such as bisacodyl, are contraindicated for patients with acute surgical abdomen, appendicitis, rectal bleeding, gastroenteritis, or intestinal obstruction.
Adverse drug reactions:
The process of restoring normal bowel function by use of a laxative may
result in some abdominal discomfort.
Dosage and administration:
- Adults and children 12 years of age and over:
2 tablets taken at bed time in order for aneffect in the nextmorning
or V2 hour beforebreakfast for an effect after 5 hours. The dose may be increased up to 4 tablets ifnecessary.
- Children(6-12) years of age: 1 tablet daily or 5 mg - suppository once daily.
Do not chew or crush tablets Do not administer tablets within 1 hour after taking milk or an antacid.
- It should not be given to children under 6 years.
Boxes 30 Ent.Ctd.