Pyramide is used as an adjunct in the management of acute and chronic diarrhoeas
Hypersensitivity to drug
Patients with dysentery or if constipation must be avoided
Infants and children under 4 years
May cause: abdominal pain, nausea, dry mouth, dizziness, skin rashes, paralytic ileus particularly in infants and young children A toxic hypertrophy in large intestine.
* May causes breakdown in the central nervous system in overdoses.
* The drug should not taken for more than two days - except if the physician decide mat.
* The drug should not be used in overdoses without the supervision of the physician who'll give the correct decision.
* PYRAMIDE should be used with caution in young children.
* If the diarrhea does not stopped within three days form the first day of treatment . it must be taken the supervision of physician directly.
Dosage and administration:
Adults: the initial dose is 4 mg followed by 2 mg after each loose stodto a maximum 16 mg daily. the usual daily dose is 6 to 8 mg Children 4-8 years: 1 mg tour times daily up to 3 days Children 9-12 years: 2 mg tour times daily up to 5 days Chronic diarrhea:
Adults: the usual initial dose is 4-8 ma daily in divided doses
If no improvement has been observed after treatment with 16 mg daily for at least 10 days, further administration is unlikely to be of benefit
Boxes of 20 Capsules.