- Hepatic and intestinal amoebiasis and trichomoniasis
- Treatment of anaerobic bacterial infections.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the drug components
- First trimester of pregnancy
Gastrointestinal disturbance, nausea, vomiting, unpleasant metallic taste, diarrhea, glossitis, dry mouth, dizziness and skin rash.
Dosage and administration:
- Trichomoniasis:2 g single dose or in 2 divided doses or 250 mg 3 times daily for 7 days.
- For acute intestinal amebiasis: 750 mg 3 times daily for 5 to 10 days.
- For amebic liver abscess: 500 mg or 750 mg 3 times daily for 5 to 10 days.
- Anaerobic bacterial infection: 500 mg every 6 hours for 7 to 10 days.
Boxes of 20 coated tablets.